The ICC World Cup 2023 is set to kick off on October 5, hosted by India, where ten formidable teams will engage in an epic cricketing showdown. The tournament boasts a diverse mix of participants, comprising five Asian and five non-Asian teams, promising thrilling encounters throughout.
In this riveting cricket spectacle, the Asian contingent includes India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan, while the non-Asian sides feature Australia, New Zealand, England, South Africa, and the Netherlands.
India, as the host nation, enters the tournament as one of the favorites to clinch the coveted title. Leading the charge for the men-in-blue is Rohit Sharma, who assumes the role of captain for the first time in an ODI World Cup.
The ICC World Cup 2023 is slated to witness a total of 48 matches, adhering to the familiar round-robin format akin to the previous edition. The tournament opener is scheduled for October 5, and cricket enthusiasts can look forward to an exhilarating final showdown on November 17.
The competition’s structure is straightforward: the top two teams from the league stage will secure berths in the semi-finals, with the victorious sides from the semis battling it out for the championship title. England, the defending champions from the 2019 edition, etched their name on the trophy after a thrilling final clash with New Zealand.
India: Schedule for ICC World Cup 2023
India’s journey in the ICC World Cup 2023 encompasses a challenging schedule of nine league-stage encounters, offering fans a feast of cricketing action. The action-packed voyage kicks off with a high-profile clash against Australia on October 8 at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. Here’s a glimpse of India’s fixtures for the tournament:
– October 8: India vs. Australia (5th Match) at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai (2:00 PM IST)
– October 11: India vs. Afghanistan (9th Match) at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi (2:00 PM IST)
– October 14: India vs. Pakistan (12th Match) at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (2:00 PM IST)
– October 19: India vs. Bangladesh (17th Match) at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune (2:00 PM IST)
– October 22: India vs. New Zealand (21st Match) at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala (2:00 PM IST)
– October 29: India vs. England (29th Match) at Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow (2:00 PM IST)
-November 2: India vs. Sri Lanka (33rd Match) at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai (2:00 PM IST)
– November 5: India vs. South Africa (37th Match) at Eden Gardens, Kolkata (2:00 PM IST)
– November 12: India vs. Netherlands (43rd Match) at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru (2:00 PM IST)
India: World Cup Squad 2023
India 15-player squad:
- Rohit Sharma (Captain)
- Shubman Gill
- Virat Kohli
- Shreyas Iyer
- KL Rahul
- Ishan Kishan
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Hardik Pandya
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Axar Patel
- Shardul Thakur
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Mohammed Shami
- Mohammed Siraj